The more things change... the more things stay the same. When I was 13 years old I had a friend named Iliana. She had natural fingernails that were at least an inch long. I was amazed at how beautifully manicured they were. Her nails were always perfect and healthy looking.
I was a nail biter. I had to cut out pictures of beautiful hands from magazines and think of Iliana whenever I wanted to bite my nails. Finally it worked! My nails started to grow and grow quickly! My nails have been long for almost 3 decades. *Is there a way that you haven't changed since you were 13 years old?*
Here is a recent pic of my fingernails. Excuse the crazy pic as I had my hands pressed up against my scanner. Unfortunately my pointer and middle fingernail have broken. (on the ring hand)

9 comments:
Wow, Staci, you have some long fingernails. I used to have long fingernails until TJ was born. I started cutting them short when he was a baby so I wouldn't accidently scratch or stick him and I've just kept them short ever since. One thing that hasn't changed since I was 13 is my love for shoes. I was an obese child and had to get all my clothes from the girls department in specialty stores like Lane Bryant or Romans, but shoes were the one thing I could buy from a regular store like everyone else. Thus began my love for shoes. Now my shoe collection spans 2 closets and I have about 100 pairs.
I too have long nails (maybe not as long as yours) I do bookkeeping, so after month end they seem to break down, to much punching on the adding machine I think. My daughters think they are gross, lol.
In highschool some of the boys thought they were fake, lol.
As for something that hasn't changed since I was 13 is being creative. I have always loved to make things. We didn't have much money, so I would take apart old sweaters and crochet slippers that I made up.
G-wow! That's a lot of shoes! What size do you wear? I'm guessing you have a small foot. I tend to have a lot of trouble finding shoes I like in my size. I get the occasional pair of sneakers from the kids section of Modell's.
Tracy-I wish I could crochet. It's so cool that you started out early.
When I was in high school (in the height of the 90's) I was all about BIG hair & LONG nails.
Thanks for stopping by my blog & wishing my girl a happy birthday!
That little finger nail is super duper long wow!!!
Hi, I've followed along from BEM.
I know everyone else has said it but I will too "wow". I've always wanted healthy nails. I don't really bite them but washing dishes day after day, they get weak and break.
Aren't you glad that things change! When I was 13 I thought my teenage years were the most important but you grow and realise how silly that was. The world will not end because XYZ doesn't ask me out or I fall in front of a bus full of kids...none of which happened to me, of course! lol!
http://shermsinthemiddle.blogspot.com/
Staci,
I wear a size 7 (sometimes a 6 1/2 if they run big). I wish I had a small foot like my Mom. She wore a 6 and could always find great shoes on clearance.
Holy smokes, being able to have naturally long nails like that is an accomplishment in and of itself...especially when you work with kids all day long. I've never been able to grow my nails very long so I'm always very envious of gals who can.
I've had buck teeth since I was a kid. After a course of braces, they have gotten better, but for the most part my teeth still stick out. Ugh.
Haha! I too can grow natural fingernails. I usually keep mine a smidge longer than 1/4 inch, though. After a few break, I usually cut them all off and start over. Now if I just had the patience to paint them; I am NOT ambidextrous whatsoever.
As for something that hasn't changed since I was 13.....hmmmm....maybe my sense of humor. Although slightly more mature, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. haha!
Post a Comment