Check me out in my gauchos! Aaaah, third grade! Anyhoo...Recess is generally a magical time for children. I line up my kiddos and then give them the signal to go and play. Without fail, the response is always the same...and it's not just my class. Tiny people run shrieking towards the playground equipment or grassy area. When was the last time you ran shrieking just because you were outside?? "Aaaaaaah! I'm going grocery shopping!!" " Aaaaah! I'm going to pay a bill!"
I missed out on the outside- equals- excitement aspect of being a child. I did ride my bike and roller skate but would have just assumed stay indoors. I would be inside writing and illustrating my own stories at 6, 7 and 8 while my mom would coax me to go outside and play. I could have been outside shrieking. I wish that I had taken advantage of it more. Maybe that is why I'm ridiculously silly as an adult. So share...what is your favorite childhood memory?

10 comments:
awww!! Look at you! Cute! I remember gauchos...that's what we had to wear as kids too when we went on trips with our Baptist church who didn't let us wear shorts, lol!
I love the new blog look!!!
What a cute kid! I don't think I had a pair of those as a kid. Nice blog face lift. Very pretty look.
I think I had those same gaucho's, teehee.
I love to play hide and seek with the children in the trailer court. Ya I grew up in a trailer, wouldn't change it for the world, loved it.
But I also loved to create with whatever I could round up. One summer I also taught myself how to sign the alphabet and all the Roman Numerals.
you looked adorable! and you've grown into such a beautiful woman!!
i miss the same thing. I never went outside as a kid. didn't learn to ride a bike till i was almost 11! i was too busy being inside and reading a book or watching tv or hitting my brother.=)
i wish i could have taken more time just to be outside and get some fresh air and invent games with my friends.
That is so cute!! I was definitely one of those screaming kids haha! As much as I loved to stay inside to write and be crafty I also played outside a lot with the neighbor kids! Although my all time favorite memory from being a kid is playing on the soccer team with my Dad as my coach! Soccer was always so much fun!
I just LOVE that picture of you as a child wow!!!
Thanks Carla and Serene!
Tracy my aunts in the south had a trailer in addition to their house. It was so beautiful and impeccably decorated! What a smart kid you were!
Elizabeth, you're the bestest!
Bella, I wish I was good at soccer. I was terrible at sports. I could run fast and was good at gymnastics and dodgeball but that was it.
You're just too cute in those gauchos. I wore them too, but I was a chubby child, so they didn't look that cute on me. LOL I guess my fav childhood memory is hanging out on the front steps with friends. I grew up in a Phila. row house so most of our outdoor playing was done on the steps or in the street. We used to play Barbies, Jacks or just sit around and get our hair braided. Lots of good times were had on those steps.
You're so cute!!!! Love it! My favorite memory as a kid, of all things, are the smells. The smell of school, the smell of crayons, the smell of my grandparents house; I could go on and on..... :)
You were stylin'! Looking like your baby...sorry, young man.
Post a Comment