.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What a day!

 The weather was absolutely frightful today! We has a delayed opening due to to the ugly ice storm. Thank goodness for the rain because after chipping ice off of my car for almost an hour, I was about to give up. I haven't missed any days of work this year and I really don't want to start now. On the positive or negative side, only 9 of my students showed up today. These are the children who come to school no matter what the weather is so you know it had to be really B-A-D!
On a happy fuzzy note, I got a LO picked up by Scrapbooking.com magazine. My LO is in the Celebrating our Culture and Heritage section. :-) http://scrapbooking.com/cgi-bin/Phase_2/layout.pl?serial=75238

Have a scrappy day!

13 comments:

Sharla said...

Wow..I can't imagine having that kind of weather...I live in the desert and we do get some flooding when it rains for days, but nothing like several feet of snow or ice. I hope you stay as warm as you can!

Congrats on your layout getting picked up, I love it! love the journaling strips and the circles!

Feliz4life said...

I hate the snow! You are definitely a dedicated teacher. I love the link!

Melissa said...

Congrats, Staci! Your layout is very nice! Hope you're staying warm!

Susan said...

Congratulations, Staci! Loved the colors on your layout, and I'm diggin' those quilted circles too!

Tracy said...

My hubby broke our ice scrapper because the ice was so think on the jeep. Crazy.
My girls all hate/hated to miss school. Unless it was cancelled then they enjoyed it ;)
Congrats on being published

Kendall said...

Sorry to hear about the weather! We aren't having to deal with any of it but I feel for everyone who is! I hope that you aren't having to scrape ice off for an hour again that has to SUCK!!

Serene said...

Half my son's class was absent from school yesterday so they got to watch movies. Congratulations on the lo getting chosen. That's wonderful! Good for you!

Brown English Muffin said...

I'm surprised so few students showed up...I just love this weather I swear!

Peggy said...

Congratulations Staci on the publication of your layout! You sound like an amazing teacher with some dedicated students!

Gemiel said...

Thankfully we didn't get any of the storm this time, we used up all our snow days with the last one. Congrats on the publication. Love the layout!!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Woohoo! Congrats, girl! That is fantastic! Glad your talent is getting recognized!

I am just so thankful that the rain didn't freeze on your car and instead, melted that ice off.

I wish every teacher was like you. You obviously enjoy the kids and the job and the kids seem to adore you. I hope those kids know how lucky they are. You're one of those teachers that the kids come back to see year after year, aren't you?

Staci said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. Elizabeth--I do have some kids come back to visit. I had one boy (a 7th grader that I had when he was a peanut who is now about 5'9".) pick me up, swing me around and tell me that I was the best teacher he ever had. He had been retained and he was a crier so it really touched me.

Jill said...

Oh yeah I guess your ice storm would have been way worse than ours here in Houston! Congrats on the layout!!!