.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I *heart* him

George that is! 


When I was a little girl my dad got me a stuffed sock monkey and I just about loved him to death.

Journaling: When I was a little girl my dad gave me a stuffed sock monkey.  (I named him George.) I was so attached to him   that I literally wore him out.   I was really happy to choose this porcelain sock monkey to decorate at an Artrageous pottery painting class. He’s not soft and cuddly like George but he brought back some wonderful childhood memories just the same!

14 comments:

Kendall said...

OMG That is SO ADORABLE!! I love it!!

Jennifer said...

He's so cute!

Tracy said...

Such a sweet page.

Susan said...

I love sock monkeys! What a great layout of a great memory!

Kerry McKibbins said...

so cute! sock monkeys are big in our house !

Gopi said...

OMG! This is a super duper cute card! Love the cute money! tfs :)

I'm a follower of your blog now, via SC #277. Please stop by and follow me as well...thanks!

http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

Lora Oliver said...

What an awesome LO! I love the colors and the perfectly placed embellies. This is truly one of my favorite LOs ever.

Staci said...

Lora--you made my day! Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments about my layout! :-)

Melissa said...

Love your layout! I love how you structured your elements, and George is too cute!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

love, love this.

i hope you find another one of these babies, exactly like your childhood one.=)

Brown English Muffin said...

ugghhh I so should have gone with you, please call me the next time you go...I need to get out a bit.

Gemiel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gemiel said...

I just love, love, love this layout. So cute and playful. And where in the world did you find that cute button to match??? I never had a sock monkey growing up but now in my old age I think I want one LOL

Sarah Coggins said...

So cute! I love how you accented your journaling with the sock monkey stickers and that fun title design. :)