.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hello there!

Lately people (especially educators) have been looking at me like I've sprouted a third eye in the middle of my forehead. Why? Because I have uttered one simple sentence.
Ready?....

"I can't WAIT to go back to work."

After the 'You're bonkers' stare I get, "What are you crazy? Don't you love being on vacation?"

yadda yadda yadda

I know that I am blessed to have the time off to recharge. I really needed a bit of time for emotional reasons this summer. However I have been spending a lot of time reading educational material and getting excited about the look of brand new crayons and the smell of fresh markers. I've already been thinking about what my new students will be like and all of the books I want to share with them.

Here is my latest layout. Have a great day! :-)

10 comments:

Carla said...

Its nice to know that someone wants to go back to work...you are lucky to have had time off.
I like this LO! You could move the title up an inch or two closer to the pics and see if you like that better. But I think it looks great as it is.

Staci said...

Thanks for the suggestion! :-)

LadyBug said...

Stai, i really like that LO. Love the B/W pictures and it's good to see you scrapping again.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to get back to work. Maybe it's a sign that you enjoy what you do.

Brown English Muffin said...

Are you crazy!!! LOL Sorry I just had to say that as well!!!

I love the layout I love the double picture thing...I am sure the technique has a name...but you know me...scrapbook ignorant!!! LOL

So when are we going to do lunch? I'm waiting!!! :0)

Staci Taylor said...

I think that is SO wonderful that you love your job and are excited to go back! We need more teachers like you! Girl, I don't think you should change a thing - your design is eye-catching already! Love the overlapped photos and that flower on the side!

renee said...

I was so happy to have the kids back at school. I work at home on Thursdays and it was a challenge with them there. They, on the other hand, were not ready!

D Hawk said...

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! I WOULD LOVE TO ILLUSTRATE YOUR BOOK, JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU NEED ME TO DO IT! I'D BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO IT!

Sheri Twing said...

Hi Staci! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I had to come check out yours! I love your layout. Great topic too!

D Hawk said...

when are you going to post more of of your fabulous scrapbook art work? I'd love to see more!

Susan said...

Staci - love that double picture thing you've got going. Never thought of doing that, thanks for the inspiration!