
of your new school clothes!!!" Just had to get that out there again...
You know I'm trying to keep all of my meager money together, at least until I get a paycheck again. I bought just a few things to get DS back to school. Since he attended private school last year he really doesn't have much in the way of casual clothes. I purchased 3 tshirts and 2 pairs of jeans. (Cheap jeans) Lo and behold, the next day I hear the bag rustling.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Can I wear this Mets shirt today?"
"No, it's for school!"
The next day is apparently Groundhog Day.
"Can I wear this one then?"
"Uh, no, still school clothes."
Is this hard to comprehend folks?
I finally took the 2 little bags in my room and complained to his father about how tall he's getting. (I'm 5 feet and dad is 6'1".) I'll admit it. I complain because I miss my little boy---the one who thought I was cool period not "cool as far as moms go...I guess" Ouch.
I do have a lot of things to be grateful for though:
* A healthy DS
* The surprise check that came from my job because I subbed back in June (Yahoo! Couldn't have come at a better time.)
* Cute pajamas as an early birthday gift
* Renewed interest in scrapbooking
* Surprise call from SO at work actually gave me butterflies....
Have a wonderful day all! :-)
4 comments:
one step at a time...the scrappin will come back-it's still good therapy!
Hehea, we have the same argument going in my house, except it's over wearing halloween costumes now when i've told the kids they need to wait until halloween, lol! Love your list - lots of things to be thankful for, indeed!
Just wanted to stop by and say hello thanks so much for adding my site to your blog! It's people like you who will make this thing work and give scrapbooking the boost it needs!
Hugs
Amy
www.amyspaperlife.blogspot.com
LOL! We too, have a constant tug of war around my house over good clothes and play clothes. I have now started keeping the school clothes in a laundry basket, on the top shelf of a closet. And it seems worse this year, because we really didn't buy any thing new; so I'm trying extra hard to keep everything really nice. Plus, with four girls, they just want to play with their clothes anyway! I came home the other night and they were wearing Christmas dresses!
Post a Comment