.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

and Guess What?!

That should have been my 8-year-old nephew's nickname when he was 5. A typical J conversation:

"Aunt Staci, I was speaking to my grandma on the phone.
She called last night...and guess what?
She said that she's gonna come visit soon.
She's going to stay with us when she comes to visit...and guess what?"

You get the idea. I didn't always get a chance to answer between the guess whats either, LOL. He's such a cute kiddo. :-)
Here's my guess what...Guess what?! I sat down to check my email yesterday and on the spur of the moment I opened up my Microsoft Word program and just started typing. In just a short span of time my journaling was finished and I had pulled out paper and embellies and guess what? I actually scrapped!! It was only one simple page, but it's a start! I was actually worried that I would never find joy in the simple things again. (My son was too.) I hadn't taken a picture or even read my scrap magazines. I didn't even look at online store advertisements in my email.
Today I saw a new paper line by We R Memory Keepers called Teen Angst. I actually got excited when I saw it! I'm trying not to spend unnecessarily because it's more important to me to try to save my house than have scrapbook paper. (My mother signed a shady 2nd mortgage deal, more to come on that...) It was great to feel passionate about something again....and guess what? I'm growing stronger every day. Thank you to everyone who has been so encouraging.

5 comments:

Miss Misi said...

Gorgeous LO and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Good to see you back at it.

Nancywithajones said...

oh your layout is so pretty. IM so sorry you have been so down but I understand. That can get you down. I have MS and my medications are sooo expensive. We spend most of our funds on that so.. Its hard to get excited about stuff when your spending all your money on medication that you know will make you sick to get you well kwim? My little girl is six so she doesnt "get it" she wants EVERYTHING lol
but I get what your saying. The sb paper is not worth not having a home and life. I have to keep reminding myself of that also. That is why I work so hard to stay on these design teams and get these guest spots!!

Robyn Schaub said...

I totally understand how it's hard to find inspiration when other things are doing their best to drag you down. The LO is beautiful. Hang in there.

Lora Oliver said...

Glad to see that the spark is coming back. We never fully lose it, it just gets really dim sometimes. My heart and thoughts are with you and your loved ones and hope for this to get easier soon for you all.

Brown English Muffin said...

love, love, love the page....hope you get the 2nd mortgage thing sorted out.