.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kicking it Old School

I went through some of my older scrapbooks today and I couldn't help but smile. The old pages take me back to various times in my life. My son was a shy elementary school student and I was known as the Queen of Magic Mesh and paper piecings. I marvel at the evolution of scrapbooking. I started with magnetic albums, photos and magazine clippings when I was in high school. I remember with fondness the year I spent putting Paperkins on nearly.every.single.page. I love the newer scrapbook products (I am itching to use my chipboard people as I type) but don't mind visiting the "olden days" every now and again. I'm going to leave you with a few old school LOs and a question:

*What was your favorite product when you first started scrapbooking?*

8 comments:

Carla said...

Nice seeing your ol' stuff Staci. I started SBing in 2003 and the first thing I discovered was the MM eyelet setter. You know, the one with the hammer. I used that baby all the time. I never got into the paperkins or jolie's stuff but I did get into the metals...washers, metal mesh. I used to head into Home Depot looking for stuff. Fun.
Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

A Fanciful Life said...

Gosh - When I started in 1999, there was not a lot available like today! I used my decorative scissors to create edges, but I did use paper doilies to create backgrounds quite a bit. It's amazing how much it available today and how much more sophisticated it became.

Pam said...

He is soooo cute!!!!! Your layouts look great. I started in 2000, shortly after the birth of my first. I've loved stamps and ink since the mid 90's and love to incorporate them.

Anonymous said...

I could cringe looking at my oldest ones, even though they make me smile! Yours look better than some I see around now!

senovia said...

Hi! I followed you over from 2Peas. I love your layouts! So inspiring! Have a wonderful day!

Miss Misi said...

You know I like ole' school so I'm digging these pages. You must share more often *wink*.

LadyBug said...

Love to see your work chick, thanks for sharing :)

Brown English Muffin said...

wow that's funny looking back on it...and I'm still amazed at how far your little man has come with his marital arts!! Brown Belt!! Good for him!