.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who's a Crabby Patty?



For the most part, I think that children view me as a pretty happy person. I'm all smiles and encouragement each day when it comes to the little ones. I get greeted with hugs and hear "You're the best teacher ever!" on a daily basis. They are great kids and I'm so very proud of the leaps and gains I have seen many children make this year. Then there are those moments when I am away from the children. I begin thinking about what I need to do, lists to make, projects to prep and correspondence to write. I'm sure that I'm walking around and you can see the gears turning in my head. However on my caffeine free days, after the kids are gone I might walk around like Jeff Dunham's puppet Walter--mouth all screwed up and arms folded. It's really not an easy thing for me to admit.
I read the book, How to Lose All Your Friends to my class. The book spouted directions such as don't smile, frown a lot etc. It is funny, cute and a real eye opener. I'm definitely going to try to find more reasons to smile--with or without the kids. :-)