.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Go Shawty!


It's my birthday! I'm gonna party like it's my birthday! I couldn't decide whether to ignore this birthday or not. The closer I get to 40, the more apprehensive I get. I think about all of those things that I planned to accomplish and feel as if I'm running out of time. I stopped and came to the realization that I am blessed. I have friends who didn't make it to their 39th (That's how old I am.) Heck, I have former students who didn't make it their 18th birthday. So instead of feeling bad I decided to embrace this day. I have been as silly and excited about it as children are; even though I plan to make it a quiet one. The kindergartners asked me if I was 16 years old so I have been joking that it is my sweet 16 all day. Peace all!
P.S: Happy birthday to my scrappy sista, Ericka! :-)

7 comments:

Lori K said...

HOpe your birthday is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

wishing you a happy heart and love in abundance for your birthday (and every day)! I'm all for celebrating birthdays. our lives are often difficult and every opportunity we have to celebrate the joys of this world, I say, party on!

happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear, staci,
happy birthday to you!

(is shawty your nickname)

peace and love, little sister

Brown English Muffin said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday! (Did I sound just like Stevie Wonder!)

Staci said...

Patty, the "go shawty, it's your birthday" are actually lyrics from a rap song. :-)

Ericka said...

Happy belated twin, and thanks for the b-day luv. I hope you had a great day. Love the 50 Cent "In Da Club" lyric that you used for the title. You've inspired me...I'm gonna steal it for a scrapbook page. :)
-e

Miss Misi said...

Happy belated Bday, buddy! Did you wear your freakum heels, lol?

Staci said...

I didn't wear the black ones you saw T--but I did wear the red strappy ones. ;-)