
CK May '06
April 14th has been a really rough day for me for the past 14 years. I try to tiptoe around it, not think about it, rush through it, but it never quite works. April 14th is my dad's birthday. He passed away in 1993. I used to be a quiet person; insecure in my own skin, however my dad was always encouraging and made me feel loved like noone else. While others use New Year's Eve to make resolutions and reflect on their lives, I measure myself by my dad's birthday. It's the one day that makes me feel that I should have accomplished more or have mastered being amazing at one specific thing by now. Don't get me wrong---I do reminisce about the wonderful times; there were so very many. I just wonder sometimes if I'm doing enough to make my dad proud.
6 comments:
Greay LO!!
I'm sure your dad is very proud of you! :) The layout is wonderful. Such a sweet photo. tfs! and ((HUGS))
Your layout is beautiful. I also think your dad is very proud of you.
I believe your daddy would be very proud of his daughter! I'm here whenever you want to chat.
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog earlier.
This is a great page and a wonderful memory to document, as a parent there is nothing that makes us happier than seeing our baby grow into a beautiful adult.
Great layout and a really thoughtful post. All the best. I'm sure you're dad is proud of you and watching over you too.
Take care,
Lisa
Post a Comment