
My son's class read the S.E. Hinton book, The Outsiders a short time ago. This book brought back memories of me reading the book in grade school. My greatest guilty pleasure? Watching the movie over and over again! I enjoyed watching the young "Brat Pack" in action. It didn't hurt that Matt Dillon was super hot. (Still is!)
This movie also introduced me to two of my favorite things; the Robert Frost poem, Nothing Gold Can Stay and the Stevie Wonder song, Stay Gold. Here's the poem and the song.
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower ;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Robert Frost
4 comments:
WOW the memories of high school English came flooding back. thank you for sharing
http://livingasalifeartist.blogspot.com
Melina
Serious flash backs here. I haven't seen that movie since I was a teen. Wow!
I listened to that book on CD with my kids awhile back. They were a little young for it at the time (I think my son was in first or second grade, my daughter three years older) but they still enjoyed it so much. I haven't seen the movie though. Maybe we should give it another read and then try renting it.
Wow! I never had to read that in school however I was obsessively in love with Matt Dillon and Ralph Macchio so I watched the movie over and over again! LOL! Now you have Stevie singing that song in my head! :-D
Post a Comment