
The good, the bad and the ugly? Scrapping the painful times used to be so difficult for me. Most of my scrapbooks make my life appear as if it is all raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. That is definitely not the case! It has only been in the last few years that I have been able to utilize my scrapbooking for therapeutic reasons. Scrapping life's trials and tribulations have been a blessing for me. It has helped me to be at peace with other people and to forgive myself for not being enough, doing enough; you get the picture. You can find one of my therapeutic layouts in the January 2008 issue of Memory Makers (pg. 69).
7 comments:
WTG getting published! :) I'll have to check out that issue now that I *know* someone in it. I've started adding the "not so good" times in my scrapbooks, but it's the happier memories that seem to get more pages still. Even doing those can be therapeutic on a tough day.
Congrats on the publication!
The only time I've really scrapped a negative, I did it with hidden journaling. I talked about it in the comments of this post by People in the Sun My Fishing Story Scrapbooking is so interesting that way - being in charge of the way things are remembered.
I try to scrap it all. I'll be on the lookout for your LO, girly!
Congrats on getting pubbed! I too find it therapeudic to scrap the bad along with the good!
Congrats on the pub! That's totally AWESOME!
I definitely try to scrap it all!
Congrats on the pub!! Very cool.
I scrap the good and the bad. I don't usually share many of the "bad". Sometimes it's just too personal.
Congrats Staci! That is so awesome!
Post a Comment