So, do you
Photoshop yourself in photos or do you "keep it real?" Do you
allow those wrinkles and yellow teeth to show or do you use a bit of altering?
tired, cranky self portrait
I don't have Photoshop and I'm not all that
computer savvy anyway. I don't take that many pictures, but a little
swish of hydrogen peroxide every now and then before pictures make my teeth look better.
All the wrinkles and bulges are mine. I'm 44. I've earned them. :-P
So, what say you? Photoshop til you drop or keep it real?
14 comments:
I've got Picassa, because I'm too cheap to buy Photoshop. Most of my editing involves cropping, lighting and that sort of stuff. A few times I've edited out blemishes and other similar non-permanent imperfections that I knew people were self-conscious about. Never even thought about trying to erase wrinkles and bulges.
The way I figure, if I'm going to spend that kind of time and money on making myself look better, it might as well be in real life!
I like to "creatively crop" photos, or maybe change to b/w or sepia. I don't go overboard, though! ;)
That would take too much time and energy to photoshop out my wrinkles and bulges. What you see is what I've got!
This girl keeps it real!
I don't share publicly many of my self portraits… and the ones I do share I alter a bit but not with Photoshop that I don't even own. I use picmonkey.com or Instagram...
No photoshopping for me, I keep it real. Mainly because the people looking at my photos also see the real me up close and personal so they know what I look like.
Hi stacy, popping over from 2 peas, I have paintshop x2 & as much as I love I still have a lot to learn I don't usually tweek at my photo's either only sometimes hehe, I don't think your photo is bad, I prefer natural photo's anyway.
No photoshop here, I don't want people to be confused when they see me I person! lol
I've had a 'great' shot of me smiling with a smudge of lipstick on my teeth...photoshopped that :)
First, I DO NOT see any wrinkles. But back to your question. Nope, no photoshop for me. I am picky about which pictures I post but I don't alter them at all.
I keep it legit in photographs.
That would imply that I ever took any pictures of myself!!!!! I don't mind some mild photoshopping - I figure it's not so much different than softening the focus or taking the picture in a more flattering light. That said, I think it's easy to go overboard.
I photoshop every single photo- just not my face. I am pretty advanced with editing but I still feel cleaning up to much makes me look fake. When my daughter was younger I would clear up her dark eye circles since I wanted a perfect photo but I realized this was sending a message to her future self that the circles (something my family shares due to very delicate skin) is a flaw to be ashamed of and I stopped. If I feel I look huge in a photo I choose another- that's the extent of my editing now. I'll never understand people who completely change their portraits- were going to meet you sooner or later at a crop or at CHA (or see your real self on a friend's tagged photo in Facebook) might as well keep it real. :)
I've whitened teeth and blotted out zits on various faces. Heck, I've even added fangs!!!
I love Photoshop, but the wrinkles and the love handles are mine... the other stuff are aberrations and therefore, I don't feel guilty making things prettier.
I love Photoshop Elements. It's cheaper than Photoshop and easier to use. I mainly use it on my craft project photos. I have used it to spruce up family photos too. It's great for fixing lighting problems, glares, or other things on the photo. It makes my blog photos look great too.
Post a Comment