.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Making the Band Layout

This picture has been inspiring me lately. I'm finding joy in the little things again.
                                            So I did it! I scrapped!!

I have posted about my DS's love of the drums. He and a couple of his buddies have formed a band and have been playing for some time now. They finally completed their first demo. I have had this picture of the guys for a few months. It was taken by a talented photographer friend of theirs. (Thanks, Sydney!)

This is the first layout I have created since June. I am so happy that I was able to sit down and put this page together. :-) I have had these supplies for so long and am glad to use my little stash.

Paper is by My Mind's Eye and Webster's Pages. I made the title by making a mask of letter stickers and black ink. Thickers (Mercantile) and A Flair for Buttons flair completed the layout. TFL!



       (DS is the one bending over and making the goofy face)



17 comments:

Madeline said...

Perfect set of flair for your page! Good luck to the band!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a beautiful layout!!
awesome job

Anonymous said...

great layout, your title is awesome!

Dictionary said...

Well it's good you scrapped becuase the page came out wonderful!

courtney said...

Love it! Great title, the brads add a very cool touch. Everything flows very nicely on this layout.
Best of luck to the band!

Serene said...

Glad you are scrapping again and what a great job you did! Good luck to the kids!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout, love the flair :)

Kimberly Kett said...

LOVE the design!! GREAT page!

Gemiel said...

What an perfect layout!!! I'm glad that you're scrapbooking again. Love your use of the Webster's pages paper on a guy layout. Their first demo sounds exciting, I know you must be proud.

Mandalika said...

Great layout, love the hexagons and that you didn't choose traditional boy papers

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh I love this layout!

Unknown said...

This is an awesome layout!!! Glad to see you scrapping :)

Angi Barrs said...

Super fun page. Love that flair.

Nirupama said...

Love your page! The hand cut hexagon border fits perfectly and balances the page nicely.

D said...

Yay for you! What an inspiring quote and fabulous layout :) I love the flair and title on it. Wonderful photograph, as well.

renee said...

Glad to see you getting your groove back! Great layout!

Michelle Hernandez said...

OO I love that quote and the elegant simplicity of this design is PERFECT!! Fantastic! I swung by to let you know you are the winner of the A Flair For Buttons blog hop prize for my blog- yay! Please send me your address so we can send you a pack- hernandm1@yahoo.com
Thanks for stopping by!