.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation



My little kiddos graduated yesterday morning. They still can come to school for another week which I'm sure they will. So many of them have grown by leaps and bounds this year and it was a pleasure being able to be there to witness it...

I also received my assignment for next year. The district is restructuring and I have been reassigned to Pre-K. I adored my 5 years with first grade and absolutely loved the last 7 years I have spent with the kindergartners. It is truly bittersweet. I love the idea of working for my former principal. No need to jump through hoops or feel nervous about proving myself. She already knows my capabilities.

Pre-K has no clubs and no buses so I am also losing my bus monitor position. I may have to get a second job. I am sad knowing that I won't be scrapping with the kids anymore. :-( I will admit that running club cost me waaaaay more than I could have ever made but I loved every minute of the experience.  I am so glad that I have been trying to meet new people and try new things. The Pre-K building is so small that it is an introvert's worst nightmare. I just continue to pray that  this assignment will be a wonderful new experience for me.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

So happy for "your" kiddos.Your impact on the PreK kids prepping for Kindergarten will be immeasurable.

Kimberly Kett said...

Change is always bittersweet :( I'm sure you will be a welcome addition to the pre-K class.

Tracy said...

There is nothing greater then teaching a child.
I hope you enjoy your summer :)

Sherry C said...

Have a great summer! Hoping this new experience will be a good one for you!

D said...

I hope your new position leads to a wonderful experience for you.

Angi Barrs said...

Kinder graduations are always so fun. Enjoy your summer & I hope you enjoy your new position.