.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Run, Forrest, Run!

Anyone who enjoys a close familial bond will tell you that blood is thicker than water. What many people don't know is that the original meaning of this phrase is completely in opposition to how it is used today.  The saying goes back some 3,000 years. It states that, "The blood of the covenant is far stronger than the water of the womb." I can totally understand this manner of thinking. I consider my friend, Kem to be more than family. We chose to be friends and it is she who has been my ear to listen and a giver of sage advice.
   There is another old adage that says when you see crazy coming, cross the street. I've always thought this to be very wise advice and have offered it to friends on several occasions. What do you do when you can't seem to follow your own counsel?What happens when you're wearing 4 inch heels and crazy has on the latest state of the art track shoes? What if crazy is your kinfolk? Next time I'll take off my heels and run like the wind......

7 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

I think to myself that god has placed them in my path for a reason and I need to proceed slowly and with caution and let him guide me.

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

LoL! I've never heard that before and I absolutely love it!! What good advice. Indeed, I will cross the street the next time I see crazy coming. Which, sadly, is quite often in LA.

P.S. I just noticed for the first time that you are a kindergarden educator. You must have the patience of a saint.

Brown English Muffin said...

Staci do you know the author for: "The Book of Us"? I tried to find it on Amazon but the list was long and I didn't see a childrens book.

Such a shame that the book "Colors Come From God...Just Like Me!" is so darn expensive on Amazon...but I'm going to keep looking.

Some of the books you mentioned I have in my cart already plus a few others:

* The Skin You Live In - Michael Tyler
* The Skin I'm In: A First Look at Racism - Pat Thomas
* Bright Eyes, Brown Skin - Cheryl Willis Hudson
* I Love My Hair! - Natasha Anastasia Tarpley
* I Like Myself! - Karen Beaumont
* Whoever You Are (Reading Rainbow Books) - Mem Fox
* We're Different, We're the Same - Bobbi Kates
* The Colors of Us - Karen Katz
* What I Like About Me! - Allia Zobel Nolan


Thanks again...and when are we getting together??? Can you do brunch this Saturday???

Staci said...

M-- I thought about the idea of God waiting to see if I can withstand a ton of foolishness and mayhem. I also wondered if the devil's hands were busy.
Elizabeth --LOL! It's definitely a trial in patience. My kids are pretty oral this year. I have firmly tell them not to lick the banister, tables, each other etc. I'm constantly running around with hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes.

Brown English Muffin said...

Can we do brunch Saturday?

Brown English Muffin said...

Yeah lets try another day...I'll look at the calendar again.

I can't believe you're changing back already!! That's funny!

Staci Taylor said...

LOL, i love the crazy saying ;-) I always love reading your thoughts! I never knew that about the blood is thicker than water. Apparantly i've been using it wrong all these years lol!