.

Friday, August 13, 2010

This Makes it All Worthwhile...

Well, it's official. Summer school is over. The children's performances were adorable and informative. The letter on the right was given to me by one of my dear students. This child has a thirst for knowledge unlike any I've seen before. It was always a pleasure to bring in extra and more challenging work for her.  She confided that she wanted to become a teacher but was wondering about an assistant's job. I let her know that the  major difference is the pay and to go on ahead and become a teacher if that's where her heart leads her.  The day ended with a little celebration, lots of hugs and promises to check up on some of them in September. That's a promise I'll definitely be keeping.

2 comments:

Serene said...

What a sweet letter. I'm sure getting letters such as those from your students is very meaningful.

Miss Misi said...

That is too sweet!