is rough! There is so little in this area that is affordable and not the size of a closet. I have lived in the same house with a big porch and huge yard for my entire life but I am trying to be realistic about my new circumstances.
I thought I found the perfect place. The price was great. The building was clean and quiet. It was still close enough for my son to walk to school. After reading the 58+ building bylaws, the charges started to really mount: first and last month's rent (completely expected), a broker's fee that equals another month's rent, $55 a month for parking payable 6 months in advance, $250 move in fee, $250 application fee. All utilities were seperate. Yikes. I guess it could have been worse. They could have asked for a pint of blood, my first born and the sapphire necklace Rose wore in the Titanic.
There are certain things that are understandable. I totally expect to be considerate of my neighbors, but no noise after 10pm? Ever? I tend to be on the conservative side when it comes to noise but what happens when I want to watch TV after 10pm on the weekend or if I come in after 10pm? Why would I have to come in the back entrance like I'm "the help"? The idea of a $100 fine for any infraction sounds scary so I'm still waffling on that one.
I have been looking at a number of others and absolutely fell in love with another one a few days ago. I hope that the next one pans out. Cross your fingers for me....
4 comments:
I am with you. Those rules sound a little too strict. Hope you find something soon. Keeping you in my prayers.
I agree, that seems to prohibitive. Plus it sounds like "too much noise" is left up to interpretation and how would you dispute it? Sounds fishy.
I'll keep sending good vibes your way that you'll find the perfect place.
Wishing you luck and sending prayers your way! Finding the perfect place can be quite the task when you have children to consider. (((HUGS))) to you!
The noise part actually didn't bother me as it kind of let me know what kind of people are possibly living in that building...if they are all living by those standards it should be a pretty decent set of neighbors no?
Post a Comment