.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What's on Your Turkey Day menu?


I'm just about ready for Turkey Day! Our menu will consist of:

* 3 cheese mac and cheese
* chicken and herb flavored rice
* string beans
* carrots
* cornbread
* buttermilk biscuits
* stuffing
* red velvet cake
* blueberry pie
* (whispering) turkey with gravy

I would have been ducky with roasting up a couple of cornish game hens but DS made a big to do about tradition and so this 13 lb. bird made its way into my grocery cart. (There will only be 3 of us.) I wanted to get a small turkey breast but for some odd reason they cost more than the full sized turkey. The deal is that I have never actually made a turkey. I am the Queen of all sides and desserts. I just hope that all goes well or else we're going to be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with all those sides and desserts. :-)
*Happy Thanksgiving everyone!*

8 comments:

Carla said...

Happy thanksgiving my friend. Well my husband does the cooking around here and he's cooking for my family. We're having.
Turkey with white wine and butter
Ham
2 kinds of stuffing with sausage
mashed potatoes
mac and cheese
green bean casserole
pumpkin and pecan pie
...now you're making me hungry!!

Staci Taylor said...

good luck, staci, i'm sure you'll do great with your turkey! your menu sounds delish!! happy Thanksgiving to you!!

LadyBug said...

Staci, did you cook that turkey? I don't even like turkey, but that looks like something I would definitely eat.

We celebrate our Thanksgiving Eve and we had lots and lots of food. Everything was great and everyone was very thankful.

We had greens, mac and cheese (5 cheese) it's the bomb, pinto beans, 2 turkeys, ham, cornbread, fried chicken, chittlins, yams, dressing, egg pies, peach cobbler, banana pudding, baked cookies. I think that's it :>)

tina said...

I bet that turkey turned out fantastic! hope you guys had a great thanksgiving!

Miss Misi said...

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! Can you believe I didn't even take ANY photos? Shame on me, lol.

Sarah Coggins said...

Sounds like a delicious line up. :) How did the turkey come out?

Staci said...

The turkey came out really good! It was very juicy! I still wouldn't have minded the cornish game hens. My son ate most of the sides before the end of day 2!

Brown English Muffin said...

I was going to ask you how did it turn out....and you said there were 3 of you!!! LOL See I read it carefully!!!