.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Cereal, Digi and Film Use, Oh My!


I went to Pathmark today because a 12 oz. box of cereal (Apple Jacks) is on sale for $1.47. I got a $1.00 off coupon on a trial size box at breakfast (score!!!) After I redeemed 35 cents worth of bottles the price was even sweeter. :-) I know, I'm totally giddy that cereal was dirt cheap.
When I got to the front of the customer service line I noticed that there were only two lonely boxes of Fuji film on the shelf. I asked the clerk about it and he said that they wouldn't be getting much film anymore because it will eventually be phased out. Cut to me looking like a deer caught in headlights... Can I say how much I love film?? I do. I LOVE film. I love my camera even more. This is a photo of my Canon Sureshot. Isn't she cute?! I enjoy taking photos and being pleased when I see what moments I have been able to capture. The idea of going digital is just not enticing to me at the moment. It seems so ...technological. Then again I was also the person who was dragged kicking and screaming into using the internet. I vividly remember visiting a friend's site and playing around with a few buttons. When a "webpage not available" message came up several times in a row I was convinced that I had "broken" her website. She got a good chuckle over that one.
Okay, for those of you already in this century, can you tell me how much you love your digital camera and that I should embrace the unfamilar?

7 comments:

Carla said...

Staci, you're still on film? That is "ahem" quite amazing my friend. OK, nothing wrong with film but why not have both???
OK, this is why you need to come with us:
You can look at your pic right away to check it.
You don't have to wait for the pics to print out.
You can alter it with a digital program (try picasa, its free..can't beat that price).
You can print any size for SBing!!

Susan said...

Staci - may I second the "you can look at your pic right away to check it". No more eyes closed pictures, no more film wasted on accidental pictures of feet, and no more blurry shots because you used the wrong speed. For me it's a financial decision. I don't want to waste my $$ on film and processing of pics that stink. But I like you, do not embrace technology. My kids call me a Tech-no. :)

Lora Oliver said...

Staci, I was a fie hard film lover until three years ago and I finally broke. My ex gave me this prehistoric digital camera and while I hated the size and low pixels, I loved the ability to not miss a great shot because I knew what I had and didn't. Now, with that being said, I plan to buy one of those super cool Diana cameras from Paper Source one of these days and it is a film camera. I think it is a good idea to have both. Artsy shots can still be film but everyday is the digi.

Brown English Muffin said...

come to the light!!! LOL

Sarah Coggins said...

Woohoo on the good cereal deal! I'm all for sales & coupons.

As for your question - get into the digi world! LOL I made the switch 8 years ago and love it. My only complaint might be having too many photos to choose from. :D

Unknown said...

I have to admit - I'm a film lover too. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my OLYMPUS 35mm camera ... and I would have gotten the same deer in the headlights look - even now I know I'm going to go in "hoard" mode and stock up on film, and store it in my little fridge in the basement.

That said - I have 3 digital cameras. A FUJI, which resembles my 35mm - long lens and all, my OLYMPUS which is so tiny, but takes the BEST pics...and my KODAK EASYSHARE (my first digital).

Digital cameras are awesome - and you don't "waste" a pic that you don't like - you delete. I recently lost the USB cord to my Olympus, and tore the house up looking for it - until I had a "DUH" moment...and took out the SD card, put it in my laptop - and VOILA!!...my pics.

I still love my 35mm ... but I have to say, the digital camera is an awesome thing to have, and the possibilities are endless as to what you do with it.

renee said...

I love film too, but I finally realized that I really needed to go digi. I take way too many pics to not be digi. Plus, I like to photograph things to post straight to my blog, something you cant do with film. I have a DSLR, but a few months ago hubby got me a nikon coolpix for my purse. It is easy to use and I love always having with me.