.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodbye, Michael


The King of Pop, Michael Jackson passed away today. He went into cardiac arrest and stopped breathing this afternoon. Michael was only 50 years old. No matter how some felt about Michael, his musical influence on me has been very deep. I remember screaming as loud as anyone else during the Victory tour (okay, I was probably the only one screaming for Marlon but that's neither here nor there right now...) I recall watching the "Motown 25" special with Michael moonwalking for the first time wearing that lone silver glove. I saw the huge impact that "Thriller" made on future music videos.
I think I feel the worst for his parents, Joe and Katherine. Nobody ever expects to have to bury their child. (I remember how hard my parents took it when my oldest brother passed away. My dad passed less than one month later.) Michael Jackson was a musical legend, humanitarian and icon gone too soon. Rest in peace Michael.

7 comments:

Carla said...

I am still in total shock. It hasn't hit me yet. And those poor kids, what's gonna happen to them?
Some rumors were going around when the news first came out and some saying he had already died. I wouldn't even believe it until I heard the news myself.
What a lose...my walls were covered from top to bottom with Michael. What an influence he had. This news is going to be big around the world. He had so many fans.

Lora Oliver said...

No matter his choices in life, Michael was an incredible talent and his influence will echo in our music forever. I am sorry that he is gone so soon. I will forever have a special place for MJ.

Audrey said...

Yes, everyone is right we love him for one thing or the other but we loved him anyhow, my girls are in Hollywood right now, and they are 36 - 40 years old.

Staci Taylor said...

I'm still in shock here, even a few days later. Despite his "colorful" history, he definitely was a musical legend, and I was one of many who had a crush on him in my younger days. He was too young to die :-(

LadyBug said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN. You've said it all!

LadyBug said...

As much as I loved Michael Jackson, I did not find the words to write anything in my blog. I guess I was just...lost for words!

D Hawk said...

I miss Michael, he was a true legend! He was too young to die! He had a great impact on my life!