.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Xmas And Loss Of An Icon


I hope that everyone had a safe and happy holiday. Today we lost another cultural icon, Ms. Eartha Kitt. She died of colon cancer at the age of 81. Ms. Kitt was a graduate of the School of the Performing Arts in New York City. Kitt was TV's original Cat Woman and had appeared in many movies and shows over her long career. She is well known for her rendition of "Santa Baby". Ms. Kitt leaves one daughter, Kitt Shapiro, who was her business manager. She will be missed by many.

6 comments:

A Soldier Girl said...

I know that is sad, so glad she left her mark in the industry. Happy Holidays

Sasha H.

Staci Taylor said...

So sad :-( Hope you had a wonderful holiday, Staci, and I hope you have a great New Year!!

Neva Cross said...

Greetings,

Thank you for that beautiful pic of Ms. Eartha Kit...

I am starting a scrapbooking Top Site for sites/blogs that offer ethnic and multicultural scrapbooking resources. Lisa Sanford suggested that I contact the Sistahs on her blog list. I have visited your site and would like to invite you to join. If you are interested you can see the site and join here:

http://thepixelframer.com/atsphp/

Thanks,
Neva

Neva Cross
The Pixel Framer/
Cross Design Group LLC
800 E. Northwest Highway, 7th Flr
Palatine, IL 60074
(847) 221-5266
Neva@NevaCross.com

Unknown said...

that was so sad!!!

Brown English Muffin said...

OMG I still didn't know to this day that she died...wow!!!

Babydoll said...

Very sad. She was a beautiful lady and will be missed.