.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Warning---Potentially Sappy Post Ahead

My DS took his high school entrance examination today. (He's still in 8th grade.) I'm still getting used to the idea of having a teenager in the house. It sounds so cliche, but where did my baby go? DS is my only child. He is just five feet tall like me but I am starting to hear a slight change in his voice and see something new in his step. Don't get me wrong. I feel so blessed to have a son. It just seems that life goes faster than I'd like it to sometimes. Yu-Gi-Oh cards and Bionicles have been replaced with Fall Out Boy and Green Day CD's. Sometimes I just miss my little boy....

6 comments:

Jenn said...

AWWW...I can (sorta) understand. I have a 3 year old and it seems like yesterday when he was born! I miss my little boy too. He's awesome but "Mr. Independant" sometimes. I'm sure it's really touching and sad at the same moment:)

renee said...

I feel your pain. My son especially is bent on growing up. My daughter has always been more mature, but he has always been my baby (because we knew as soon as he was born that he was going to be the last). Now he wants to be a pre-teen. I miss playing army men and setting up battles with 1 inch men.

Brown English Muffin said...

ahhh he listens to fall out boy!! How cute!!! I don't know what I'll do when my little one becomes a teenager...I pray I have more by then anyway...now I see why so many women get pregnant the minute the first one goes off to school...you just miss it!!!

Miss Misi said...

...I wonder is that why I keep having more, lol. They grow up so fast.

Jada said...

Yes they grow so fast!My son is a senior this year.I am not ready for him to leave the nest yet!So I feel what you are saying!

OMB said...

I know how you feel!!!!
I have 2 in college and am still wondering where did the time go.
I have one more at home and it won't be too much longer before she heads off to college too!!!