Lose weight. That is all. I have been a small girl for most of life. I weighed 98 lbs. when I got pregnant with DS and was down to 101 when he was 5 weeks old. I started to gain weight when his dad and I broke up when he was in preschool. I would gain 5 or 10 lbs. here and there and then lose it again. I gained a few more when DS hit 4th grade. Finally I got to a point where I couldn't take the madness anymore. I lost the weight about 3 years ago at 38.
Here is my problem. I either work part time in the summer or not at all. That gives me all the time in the world to try out every recipe on Food Network, Bakerella and Pioneer Woman's blogs. I always shed the weight right before school starts which I did again. (My avatar pic was taken a few days before school started in September) I have gained TWENTY pounds since school started. It may not sound like much to some but I'm five feet tall and have a medium frame and wide shoulders. Twenty pounds on me is the difference between" Yo baby, can I talk to you?" and "Whoa! I didn't know Jabba the Hut was a chick!" I think I'll cut down on sweets, carbs and eliminate soda. I thought maybe I should give up coffee but that prospect caused DS and SO to cower in a corner. Maybe I'll just cut down. So have you made a resolution this year?
10 comments:
I have many resolutions but they all tie in together with each other.
I so need to loose weight and get healthy. I so understand. I am 4'11" tall and tiny and am about 15 lbs over weight. I have never been over 100lbs untl the end of my pregnancy. My FIL used to tease me by saying Have you hit the triple digits yet. Well don't have to ask me now, lol.
We should make a pact on this.
Count me in too.
Great Resolution!! It's also on my list :-) I am actually doing the new Weight Watchers program cause you can still eat normal foods LOL!
GOOD LUCK!! You can do it :-)
Staci, if you're willing to brave not having any soda, I will totally do it with you. I, for the life of me, can not give up my Coke addiction. I just love the taste of it and I absolutely have to have it every single day.
Keep the coffee, you know, for the sake of the loved ones. =)
We can do this. One step at a time.
Good luck, Staci! I know you can do it. Maybe your resolution should be to NOT watch the food channel come this summer. LOL
You got it girl you can do it boo .. Ima be right there with you in e-spirit .. GOOD LUCK .. make it do what it do.
Tracy-- Somebody shorter than me! I love it! Glad that you understand my issues. Pact made. Let's do it!
southercountryelegant-Yes! Glad you're in too!
Bella-Let me know how that works out. I did LA Weightoss once and dropped 20 lbs. I hated eating all of their supplement bars after awhile though.
Elizabeth-I'm so with you. I love Canada Dry ginger ale and Cheery pepsi. I actually like mixing them together.
Serene-that sounds like a reasonable resolution LOL. That would probably help a lot.
Sasha--thanks for the encouragement chica! :-)
Staci, I know exactly where you're coming from. I just finished losing the 20 lbs that I've gained over the past couple years. I started at the end of July and reached my goal in December. Being 4'11" that 20 lbs represented 3 dress sizes. I didn't diet, just made a bunch of lifestyle changes and now exercise 4-5 days a week. This year my goal is to maintain. Stick with your plan and I know you can do it!!!
I was at the gym the other day and I thought how much fun it would be to have a partner on the elliptical machine!!!!! LOL
My resolution was to stop gasping, but I haven't succeeded yet. It might be one of those that takes me more than one year. I have a few winter holiday pounds to lose though. I always have an easier time if I just eliminate something rather than just cut down here or there. Somehow making at least one fattening thing totally off limits to myself always helps me, even though it's sort of counter to what most diets recommend. Good luck!
Post a Comment