This is going to be one of those all over the place posts. Have you ever visited a food blog or watched a cooking show and just marveled at how scrumptious the food looked? I have. Sometimes I'll see a dish that I don't even like and will want it just because of its beautiful presentation. I have to brag just a little. I make delicious food. My son has been a positively picky eater and he requests some of my signature dishes at least a few times a week. I may make food that tastes good, but honey...it's not remotely pretty. Even one of my last cakes was gangsta leanin' to the side. While I was working on my 4th of July layout DS snickered at the photos. "Mom, that food was good but it takes ugly pictures!" I started photographing some more meals this week. It's hard! I'd rather take pictures of people. You can't tell food to smile to make it more attractive..I hope these photos turn out well. :-)
Check out the LO: So tempted to title it ugly food... ;-)
Simple LO about my son's Chucks. I lovingly call him water ski feet. Hard to believe he was a preemie when looking at him now.
He's starting his junior year of high school on Tuesday. I have no idea how he got so old...
I went back to work today! Well I've actually been setting up the classroom for the last two days. We had serious water damage to our building (I'm on the top floor.) so we got a new roof, lights, flooring, etc. It looks so bright and inviting. We also got a new Math program and I really like it. I'm so excited to get a new group of children and watch them grow...
Last but not least...I have been on an emotional roller coaster. My doctor called with tests results for me. I missed the call because I was at DS's school orientation. (He left me a voice mail.) When I called the next day and spoke to the nurse she told me I was fine. I told her I thought it was weird for the doctor to call to tell me I'm fine. He hasn't done that once in the 16 years that I've been his patient. There was also something troubling in his voice. I felt a little better after her continued reassurance but something kept telling me that all wasn't right. I called again and found out that my doctor has another patient with my first and last name. She's okay. Me...ehhh. He found something abnormal, gave me a diagnosis and is having me come in for a biopsy on Tuesday. If you pray I'd appreciate if you could think good thoughts for me.
ETA: 9/18/10:
Just realized I never updated! Thank heaven, I really am fine! Of course there are some other medical issues but I can work through them. I'll have to be monitored more often but everything looks good so far...


3 comments:
It's okay, I can't take pretty food pictures either.
love your layouts, especially the chucks one. My son is an avid chucks fan too. I need to do one of his many pairs. Keeping you lifted in prayer. Hope you get a good report from your doctor.
i need to see some pictures of his leaning cake! cracks me up just thinkin about it!
you're so funny...but the layouts are awesome
Post a Comment