.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Knock, Knock!!

Yes, some of my kindergarten students have now graduated to the ever important rite of passage; the telling of knock knock jokes. Maybe you know a five-year-old who is quite the master of comedy. Me...eh, not so much. Let me start by saying that I absolutely adore these kids. They are my positive rays of light as I maneuver through an increasingly terrible time. I love that they attempt to be funny and even more so that they are highly entertained by their own jokes. But honestly...have you heard the average four or five-year-old tell a joke of any kind? It can be a bit painful, especially when they mess up and have to start over about seventeen times. Let me give you an example of a typical knock knock joke:

kiddo: "Knock, knock!"
me: "Who's there?"
kiddo: banana"
me: "banana who?"
kiddo: "chicken strawberry soup!"
This punchline usually evokes riotous laughter from the joke master and some of his classmates while I'm smiling, nodding and trying to look amused because I don't get the funny part. So, I am requesting...no, I'm begging you.. if you read this entry, please leave me a knock knock joke of your own that I can share with the children.

10 comments:

Miss Misi said...

I have none to add but you've got to love the kid for trying, lol.

D Hawk said...

Hi have you started written your children book yet! I was just wondering because I saw your comment you left me a long time ago about you keeping me in mind when you were ready to publish your book.

Well let me know if you have already found someone because I would like to illustrate for you!

D Hawk said...

excuse my bad grammer from the first post!

Tracy said...

knock knock
who's there?
Ken
Ken who
Ken you open the door and let me in.

I found a cut link for these jokes you can find one for you students names http://www.azkidsnet.com/JSknockjoke.htm#top

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog
Tracy

Dollie Evans said...

Found your blog through 2Peas. Here is a cute joke I found online for you:
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Alba!
Alba! Who?
Alba outside if you need me!

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Albee!
Albee! Who?
Albee a monkey's uncle!

emily said...

No knock-knock jokes here but I enjoyed reading your post! Kids are so funny...especially when they find themselves so funny!

Susan said...

LOL! Love your post. I don't have an original one, but i do have the one my oldest used to tell at that age.
knock knock.
who's there?
Cow Cow.
Cow Cow who?
(insert peels of laughter here)
there was no ending, just laughter. I remember this joke because she told it over, and over, and over.....

Brown English Muffin said...

Sorry I had to pass it on to someone!!!

CherylP said...

Here's one:

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Dwayne
Dwayne who?
Dwayne the bathtub I'm dwowning(drowning)

Kathi said...

Hi Stacey - I just found your blog! Here's another:

Knock, knock
Who's there?
Dunno
Dunno who?
I dunno, do you?