

Many people know about the untimely passing of the lovely actress, Britanny Murphy. Many are unaware of the death of yet another talented actress, Alaina Reed Hall. Ms. Reed was 62 and is reported to have succumbed from breast cancer on December 17, 2009. Ms. Reed Hall made her debut as Olivia, the younger sister of Gordon on "Sesame Street" in 1969. She graduated from Kent State University and went on to star in such plays as "Hair" and "Eubie". Ms. Reed Hall also appeared in her own one woman show called "Alaina at the Bijou". She is also noted for starring on the television show,"227" with actresses, Marla Gibbs (Florence on "The Jeffersons")and Regina King ("Jerry McGuire","Enemy of the State"). Ms. Reed met Peter Kevin Hall (The Predator in the movies of the same name) on the set of "227". Their characters married on the show. They married in real life as well. Their union produced 2 children. (Unfortunately, Mr.Hall received a tainted blood transfusion and passed away in 1991.) Alaina Reed Hall will be missed by many....

Brittany Murphy passed away on December 20, 2009, reportedly of cardiac arrest. She was but 32 years old. Ms. Murphy was raised by a single mom and began acting at the age of 14. She had roles in the movies, "Clueless", "Girl Interrupted" and "8 Mile". She also did voice over work. One of her memorable voice over parts was that of Luanne in the cartoon,"King of the Hill".
I was especially drawn to her role as Elizabeth Burrows in "2001's "Don't Say a Word" (*waving finger* "I'll never tell..."). She also dabbled in music. (Ms. Murphy had a hit song in the United Kingdom.) In 2007, she married Simon Monjack. Brittany Murphy is another that will be truly be missed...
6 comments:
I did not know about Alaina Hall. She was as much Sesame Street to me as any of the muppets. I am so sorry that we have lost her as well.
Oh no!!!!...thanks for letting us know - I loved her.
So sad. I remember her from Sesame Street...and Brittany was a very talented girl. So sad....
I also wasn't aware of Alaina Hall's passing. So sad and especially for both families right before Christmas. :(
SO sad! Gosh, this was not a good year to be a celebrity!! hope you are having a wonderful holiday season, staci!
I, too, had not heard of Alaina Hall's death. I grew up watching her on SS. Then was delighted to see her on 227 when I was a teenager. I loved her on both shows.
Post a Comment